My Bedroom

Soon, I will decorate my daughter's room. This is definitely going to be my biggest challenge to date. She is 7 and while she likes my "old style" (her words), that isn't what she wants in her room. We will go with "princess glam" is what we are calling it. I have all of the major things already in mind, it's just doing it now. Her bedding, curtains, paint for furniture, and some of the smaller items have been purchased just waiting for figuring out the wall paint color, rug, trim, lamps, ceiling light, etc.

When her room is finished, I will move on to the master bedroom/bathroom. This will be yet another hurdle for me. I want to paint our existing furniture so all pieces match in color. Hubby doesn't want ONE piece painted and I feel that will throw everything off. We have very small bedroom for now and I struggle with where to place furniture to give us the most room while still being functional.

While I was decorating the main parts of the house, I ended up moving all of my husband's deer pictures in there, along with some mounts I didn't want in there to begin with. This will also keep me from making it look exactly how I want it. I will get it, there's no doubt. It's just working around what has to be and figuring it all out to work together.

In a few more years, we will add on to the house to increase space and also to give my husband a room all his own. He needs it and I need for him to have it lol. That will be when I can truly make the bedroom what I have visioned all along. He gets his room, I get rid of all the pics, mounts, etc that are keeping me from it now. It's exciting to think about. For now though, I will need to suck it up and try hard to make it work.

Here's to the stressful times ahead on both bedrooms! LOL!!

If you have any ideas for either of the above, send me an email! I would surely appreciate it!

Much of the decor in my home comes from here. I love it and I believe you will too!

Thanks for reading and thank you for following my blog!

Love,
Shannon



Comments

  1. I feel your pain lol, I live with my daughter and her 3 teenage daughters. And although my granddaughters and daughter like some of my "dark ages" their words lol. I get to have bits and pieces of my primitive things. And suck it up is exactly what I do. But oh how I love my little bits and pieces of prim. I absolutely love the pics you put up of your house..your kitchen is gorgeous! Enjoyed your blog..thanks😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Sometimes we don’t just get what we want, but oh so thankful for what are able to do! ❤️❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts